When purchasing spices for good health, keep in mind you can never go wrong going organic. Using organic spices, you will stay away from such things as herbicides as well as pesticides found in some non-organic spices that are conventionally developed.
In today’s post, I am going to introduce you to several spices that can change your life for the better by creating a healthier, stronger and more vibrant you. I recommend that you print this information out to have on hand or create a journal of health that you, as well as your whole family, can use on a day-to-day basis.
Using these spices in your diet and or food intake daily will create:
- Stronger immune system
- Improve your circulation
- Strengthen the Cardiovascular system
- Improve Brain functions
And that’s just the beginning…
So, without further ado, I give you 9 spices that will change your life.
Spice # 1 Rosemary
Rosemary is a spice that can help in the enhancement of circulation to your body, which in turn creates
- Stronger heart
- Stronger brain function
- Calming the digestive system
Some suggestions for adding Rosemary to your diet and everyday cooking:
- Add on top of your roasted vegetables
- Mix a tablespoon of Rosemary spice to a stick of butter or melted spread to top breads and rolls.
- Add to any marinades
These are only a few ideas; just get creative!
Spice # 2 Curry Powder
Curry is a timeless spice that has been used for centuries for its extraordinary benefits as well as a mild to hot taste depending on the amount used in food preparations.
But how can the spice Curry assist in your health?
Curry can assist in the prevention of such Cancers as:
- Stomach Cancers
- Can discourage some Breast Cancer cells
The secret to Curry Powder is Turmeric which consists of Curcumin. Curcumin is considered an inflammatory and is as powerful, if not more than vitamin C and E together.
Suggestions for using Curry powder in your diet and everyday cooking:
- Rubbing Curry powder on to fish, as well as pork prior to baking
- Adding to soups
Seek out other delicious foods to add healthy Curry powder too.
Spice # 3 Ginger
- Muscle aches and tenderness
- Memory strength
Digesting a simple teaspoon of Ginger daily, in the amount of only eleven days straight while exercising will have the benefit of 25% less strain on your muscles.
Suggestions for using Ginger in your diet and everyday cooking:
- Can be added to soups, stews, and broths
- Can be mixed into muffin and pancake batter
- For a delicious (160) calorie treat, shower grounded Ginger over a ½ cup of plain or Vanilla yogurt. You may add a half pear sliced if desired.
There are many uses for Ginger that will spice up, flavor, and add health to your daily food intake.
Spice # 4 Cumin
Simply adding one full tablespoon of this savory spice to your food intake will achieve the amount of 22 percent of Iron required daily. Iron is vital in assisting in your energy level. Cumin will also assist in:
- Boosting Brainpower
- Assist your Immune system to ward off the Flu
Suggestions for using Cumin spice in your diet and everyday cooking:
- Can be stirred into soups, salad dressings, and pastes
- Add to Marinade for meats as well as fish for a delightful and healthy beginning to dinner.
Adding Cumin spice to your daily intake has wonderful benefits.
Spice # 5 Sage
Sage spice is as old as Greece and Ancient Rome. In that age, it was thought that Sage had a tremendous amount of healing powers; with that said, that healing stance still holds true thousands of years later today!
Sage spice can benefit the body in many a way such as boosting the memory and adding increased attention span. Sage spice may also offer assistance with:
- Sage contains Vitamin (K) which aids in bone density health.
- Can aid with a sore throat
Although still in it’s early stages of discovery as well as development, scientists are speculating that properties found in sage may assist in the aid of preventing Alzheimer’s prior to its beginnings.
Suggestions for using Sage spice in your diet and everyday cooking:
- Can be added to teas
- Mix into soups, stews, and sauces
- Sprinkle over mashed potatoes
Sage spice has been readily available and used for thousands of years for its health properties as well as taste.
Spice # 6 Cinnamon
When you hear the word Cinnamon, you automatically think of everything nice, right? But did you know of the health benefits that Cinnamon can add to your life on a day to day basis?
If you use a half teaspoon of cinnamon a day in your meals, it may assist in the aid of:
- Helps in lowering blood sugar levels
- Protects heart health
- Protects Brain function
- Keeps breath fresh
Using one tablespoon daily of Cinnamon spice also adds great benefits in helping your digestive system, as well as offering:
- 4 grams of your daily fiber intake
- 3 percent of vitamin K
- 8 percent of daily calcium needed
- 4 percent of daily Iron
With only 19 calories per tablespoon of Cinnamon spice that has absolutely no fat, sugar or protein, you will reap the benefits of this spice!
Suggestions for using Cinnamon spice in your diet and everyday cooking:
Helps to sweeten recipes, using less sugar
Sprinkle on top of popcorn
Can be added to cakes, pies and buttered toast
Spice # 7 Turmeric
The wonderful Golden colored spice Turmeric has a plethora of benefits that will assist you to not only feel better but to be healthier as well.
Turmeric spice can assist and aid with:
- Upset stomach (blended with milk and or juice)
- Helps in lowering inflammation
- Helps eliminate toxins
Suggestions for using Turmeric spice in your diet and daily cooking:
- Sprinkle over scrambled eggs
- Toss it with roasted vegetables
- Add Turmeric spice to soups and stews
It has been suggested that taking Turmeric can aid and assist in the symptoms of depression.
Spice # 8 Saffron
Saffron spice can be of assistance with:
- Promoting learning as well as memory detention
- Stimulates hormones to increase vitality
Saffron, once used as an ingredient for dyeing textiles, (a single grain of Saffron could color 10 gallons of water), is an ancient spice that has many health functions as well including:
- Regulates blood sugar
- Absorbs calcium
- Helps in the formation of tissue
- May help in lifting your mood
Saffron spice has been used for centuries and although one of the costlier spices, Saffron spice is well known for its health benefits. Even Hippocrates has written of this wonderful spice.
Suggestions for using Saffron spice in your diet and everyday cooking:
- Use Saffron spice in Mexican dishes and rice
- Sprinkle on roasted potatoes and roasted vegetables
- Can be used in stocks and broths
Spice up your life and health with the medieval benefits of Saffron spice.
Spice # 9 Garlic
- Lowering blood pressure
- Helping to alleviate allergic reactions
- Provides cancer preventative benefits
- Will boost digestion
- Reduces hypertension
- Treats wounds as well as colds
Garlic is considered the oldest plant/spice in existence that was discovered over 3,000 years ago. Garlic spice was used in World War 1 as an antiseptic in treating war wounds. Today, Garlic Spice is used for its medical benefits as well as consumption in many a tasty dish that will promote a healthier you.
Suggestions for using Garlic Spice in your diet and everyday cooking:
- Garlic spice is a well-known ingredient in sauces such as Spaghetti sauce.
- Add Garlic spice to salsa
- Add to buttered toast
- Add Garlic spice on top of mashed potatoes
Garlic spice in all of its ancient glory has millions of uses for a healthier you, as well as adding mouth-watering taste to so many of your favorite foods.
And while not a spice, Emulin will help your system naturally control carbohydrates. So add these spices to your diet and supplement it all with Emulin +E. You can know more by clicking here.
Thanks for coming by and be sure to share this post with your social friends.
See you next time.